Not your average community full of typical subdivisions, master-planned communities are popular for the amenities they offer. Typically, these include parks, perhaps a golf course, bike paths, trails and, often, a pond or lake.
If you’re among fans of this type of residential community, don’t neglect viewing the homes for sale in Carmel Valley. Tucked away in northern San Diego, just east of Del Mar, it has a lot to offer both families and singles.
Carmel Valley Amenities
In true master-planned community style, Carmel Valley offers residents plenty of opportunities to get outdoors and enjoy recreation. From the area’s six local parks and seven mini-parks to the extensive trail system and Carmel Valley Recreation Center, there is no shortage of ways to keep busy and active in Carmel Valley.
The Ocean Air Recreation Center offers an 18-acre park with basketball courts, two ball fields, a large playground, picnic facilities and walking paths. The more-than 16,000 square-foot recreation center offers, among other amenities, a large gymnasium.
Shopping, dining and entertainment are close by when you live in Carmel Valley. Del Mar Highlands Town Center offers one-stop shopping and services as well as everyone’s favorite, Cinépolis Luxury Cinema.
Or, run your errands and grab a quick bite to eat at Piazza Carmel Shopping Center.
Schools in Carmel Valley
Three school districts serve the public-school students of Carmel Valley:
- Del Mark Union School District
- Solana Beach School District
- San Diegutio Union High School District
The community is also home to several private schools. These include:
- Del Mar Pines – a private elementary school.
- Cal Coast Academy – a college-prep school for students in grades 6 through 12.
- Notre Dame Academy – a Catholic school, serving students in preschool through 8th grade.
- San Diego Jewish Academy – a Jewish school, serving students in preschool through 12th grade
Carmel Valley Real Estate